Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dragon Age: Is the playthrough as a mage harder than warrior or rogue?

I am in the brecillian forests and I am finding the werewolves a bit hard to tackle, I am level 7 and have devoted most skills to damage with a few mods/status effects. Also, what is the best party? I have the Mabari, Morrigan, Alistar, Liliana (female rogue), and Sten. Are there any characters that are easily missed? I search every corner so I hope I find them all.Dragon Age: Is the playthrough as a mage harder than warrior or rogue?
Early on, mages are relatively weak, with limited offensive capabilities. But high-level mages can bring a world of hurt while also being hard to bring down. With the Arcane Warrior specialization, mages can also become the ultimate tank. Basically it depends on your build and your playing style.



Most characters (except Sten and another one from a DLC) are introduced as part of the main story, so you can't really miss meeting them. Of course it is also possible to avoid recruiting certain NPCs, having them in the party only temporary, or turning them hostile towards you.



It is often mentioned that the best party composition is one tank (Alistair, unless your main character is a Warrior specializing in shields), two mages, and one Rogue (mostly for unlocking stuff and disarming traps); or, if you're a mage: one tank and three mages (but you might miss out on some items.) Personally, I use one tank, two mages, and one ranged Rogue/Bard.

No comments:

Post a Comment