Saturday, February 25, 2012

Is it me, or is Dragon Age II aesthetically uglier than Origins?

It may just be my personal preference, but I thought that the new art style that all the characters (their faces, in particular) in Dragon Age II adopted was just... ugly, especially when compared to Origins...



Is this just me?Is it me, or is Dragon Age II aesthetically uglier than Origins?
Unfortunately it isn't you. It is indeed uglier. For some reason they didn't put as much work into thee graphics as they did origins. Many reviews such as this one http://angryjoeshow.com/2011/03/dragon-age-ii-angry-review/ address this.
I have to disagree. The new art style was one of the best changes from Origins to DA II.



If you ask me, Origins looked generic and ugly whereas DA:II was vibrant and distinctive.



Not that the new art style excuses the dumbed down gameplay and the repetitive environments but it seems to me that you've picked on the one thing about DA: II that least deserves complaints.Is it me, or is Dragon Age II aesthetically uglier than Origins?
I think the character models are much better. People were pretty ugly in Origins, especially in certain lighting. I also like that elves don't just look like humans with pointy ears. But, I do think the environments were bland. There were some stunning areas in Origins, In DA2 everything is kind of brown and dirty looking.
DA2 should have been titled DA Rad, DA Extreme or DA Nitro.Is it me, or is Dragon Age II aesthetically uglier than Origins?
ur right it looks god awful. i say u sell it and get the elder scrolls IV oblivion

No comments:

Post a Comment